Tuesday, December 10, 2019 فارسي|English|اردو
 
Home|Iran|Islam|Persian Language|FAQ|Contact Us|Links|Sitemap
Latest on LEADER.IR
Title
iran
Shiraz - Naghsh-e Rostam
Login
Username :   
Password :   
 
Captcha:
[Signup]
NewsletterSignup
Name :   
E-mail :   

SEHWAN

 

Shrine is one of the ancient towns of Sindh. It is situated on the right side of the Indus. Between Kotri and Larkana, in the south of Sindh, Sehwan is 84 miles south-west from Kotri and 95 miles off north-west from Larkana. This area has the distinction that Sheikh Mir Muhammad Al-Mashoosia, Mia Mir, Madfoon Nawab Lahose were all born in this city. In 958 Hijri (1550 A.D.) (183rd Tuftal Karam) the School of Sheikh Mossa was constructed. The fifth generation of Abu Fazal Alami inhabited these areas in the 9th century.

Rohri is situated on the right bank of river Asal. This river reaches the Indus after coming from Mancheer Jeheel. In the early times the river flew near the village, but now it is about three miles away. The railway station is one mile from the village.

There is pratically no major trade or handicrafts in this village. This village has receieved its name because of the Shrine of Lal Shahbaz and its annual fair.

From a historical point of view Sehwan is considered an ancient place. According to some people, “Sindhimaata” is a place whose king “Sambos” surrendered to Alexander the Great.

The village is situated at a high altitude. It is surrounded by water, and is situated in front of Dara Lake. Every conquerer of Sindh who wanted to remain in power, captured Sehwan and kept it under his rule (e.g. Jahan Kashti Jawani). In the 7th century when Hindu kings ruled and country was divided into five provinces, Sehwan was the capital of a province. Mohammad Bin Qasirn moved straight to this area after conquering Debel. When Sindh was conquered by Shana-e-Dehli, the inhabitants were the, monks of Budh Mat. At that time a saint also lived in Sehwán . Sehwan’s history shows us that it was an important place in the past. Kalhor people made Khuda Abad their capital which is twenty miles to the south. However in 13th century it imbibed the privilage of owning the Shrine of one of the greatest saints Sheikh Usman Marvandi known as Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Kalender. The shrine’s incription is written in Persian. This shows that Malik Ikhtar-ud-din Wali Sawistan constructed this beautiful shrine of Wali UIlah Usman Marvandi for Feroz Shah in the year 757 hijri (1356 A.D.).

The ruins of Fort Sehwan are still there. No other building is remaining except these, the boundaries of which are determined by the debris. Small pieces of bricks and pots are found every where in the fort. This fort remained in good condition till Aurangzeb’s reign.

It is said that Muhammad Shah Shenshah is also buried there. There is a grave in a vast plain, along with it some shrines are also erected in which the same kind of stone is used as the in graves of Makli. Those inscriptions which are preserved are the chata Humrair’s Kaba’s.

Search
Advance Search Web Search
banners
The Office of Ayatullah Khamenei

Sadi Foundation

IRNA

Women`s Information & Statistics Center

IRIB

News Site of the Institute for Preseving and Publishing Works by Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei

Iranian Cultural Heritage Organization

IRAN Tourism & Touring Organization

IRAN Land of Arts

Qods News Agency
vote
Disable
UsersStats
Visitorsofpage: 1777
Visitorsofday : 26
Visitorsofpage : 228573
Onlinevisitors : 9
PageLoad : 1.8751

Home|Iran|Islam|Persian Language|FAQ|Contact Us|Links|Sitemap